Friday, April 05, 2013

WTFriday: Getting Old Already?

So, the other day, I was in the natural foods store, looking down at the label on a bottle of essential oil, and I realized that I was having a hard time reading the tiny print on the side of the bottle.

Woa.

I had to squint a bit, move it into the light, before I could make out what was written on the label.

Sure, I've gotten used to wearing my amazing CraftOptics when I bead. And, as I had to remind myself, I'm turning 39 in a few weeks. That's almost 40.

Like my father always says, getting old sure beats the alternative. My therapist had to remind me the other day that I can't get up at 5, hike 7 miles, then put in an 8-hour shift because, well, I'm not 24 anymore.

But, GEEZ! So, here, for my WTFriday post, I'm giving it up and making an appointment with the optometrist to get my vision checked. It's been a while since I had new glasses, anyway, and it looks like things have changed since my last prescription...

3 comments:

SaraBeth said...

I thought I read somewhere that you can get the CraftOptic classes fitted with your own eye glass prescription. That wouldn't help you with the every day stuff, but it's something to think about. Or at least I am for the future.

I think you're therapist is wrong. I'm 46 and I get up at 5:30 and I'm on the go all day long. Aging is a reality, but age is a mental thing.

VanBeads said...

Ha ha ha! I know I can get the prescription lenses put into my Craft Optics, and if that's what it comes down to, then that's what I'll do. But, geez, nothing like vision difficulties to make me feel older than I am.

Maybe I'll have more energy once I manage to kick this anxiety thing. Nothing is quite as exhausting as feeling terrified all day.

SaraBeth said...

Good point; it does take a colossal amount of mental energy to deal with anxiety attacks.

When my depression is in full swing I can get tired, just so tired, and sometimes I have to take my day one hour at a time.