Monday, July 09, 2012

Growing Up

We had sort of a rough weekend with Colden and the potty. Saturday was one of those days where he went through every single clean pair of underpants and shorts he owns. After the first few times, we started to lose patience. I don't know why we didn't just put him in a pull-up, but I think it was because I know he can use the potty when he has to.

At any rate, on Sunday, Tom called me outside for a few minutes to hold the ladder against the garage while he finished attaching the last piece of metal to the far side of the roof. When I came back inside, Colden greeted me with a look on his face that just screamed, "I've been up to something!"

He could barely contain himself when he said to me, "Mommy? I've got to tell you something."

"What is it, baby?"

"I wet my pants."

"You did? Okay, let's go get changed."

"No, I already changed myself! Into a pull-up and clean pants!"

I did a double-take. Sure enough, he had on a new pair of shorts.

"Well, what did you do with your dirty clothes?"

"I put them in your room!"

Yep. Dirty pants and underwear were on top of the dirty laundry basket in the bedroom.

We were both a little bit gobsmacked that our kid managed to change out of his own pants and into clean ones by himself! I couldn't believe that he's tall enough to reach the pull-ups on the back of the dresser in his room. Where did my baby go?!

Then this morning, he HAD to get changed all by himself. (He did ask for a little bit of help from me, but not much.) My little man.

No comments: