Tuesday, April 24, 2012

But, Mom, Why Can't I?

Last night, Colden asked us, once again, but this time more earnestly, for a baby sister.




It sort of makes sense. His friends Asa and Kaelynn have baby sisters. His friend Fiona is about to become a big sister to a new baby. So he wants one, too.

Some of the reasons he gave me last night for wanting a baby sister were:

  • The baby sister could sleep in bed with him at night and keep him company so that he wouldn't have to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed anymore.
  • He could put his baby sister in the canoe and paddle her around the lake.
  • He could share all his toys with a baby sister.
  • He could feed his baby sister lots and lots of food.
  • He already has a brother (Moose), so now he needs a baby sister, too.
I thought it was pretty funny. Tom, not so much. I explained to Colden that it takes a very long time to make a baby sister, and he stomped the ground with his foot and exclaimed forlornly, "Now I'll NEVER have a baby sister."

 I tried to tell him that Daddy and I give every single last drop of our love to him, and that he'll have a baby sister if it's meant to be. But he still continued on about how much he wants a baby sister, until I decided that it was time for milk and juice and stories for bedtime.

I love that kid. I swear. I never know what he's going to come up with next.

No comments: