Saturday, March 31, 2012

Psychopath

We're having a busy day up here, doing a whole lotta nothin'. I shouldn't say nothing - we DID go grocery shopping this morning, and Tom spent the afternoon chopping and stacking most of the round wood logs that we have left over now that heating season is almost officially over.

But this afternoon while Tom and Colden were playing outside, I had the opportunity to relax in a nice, warm bath and read a little bit. And I happen to be reading this book, recommended by my sister:


It's a fascinating, mind-bending read - and I'm only on chapter four. As I'm reading this book, I can see where to "succeed" in the world of finance or the corporate world or even as a politician, the basic traits of a psychopath can come in very handy. According to the author's research, approximately 1% of the population has the brain malfunction that causes them to be psychopaths.

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to that whole 99% thing, eh?

I'd be reading it right now to find out more about our political and business leaders and their malfunctioning amygdalas, but Colden has the iPad and is furiously trying to reach the next level in "Feeding Frenzy". Ah, well. It's been a good day.


No comments: