Monday, January 09, 2012

Sad

It's a little sad without the cousins around anymore. Colden has talked about them every day since they left, and last night as we were doing bedtime, he just spontaneously started singing "Manamana" while Daddy was reading to him.

Putting together the gingerbread house on Christmas Eve...



Hamming it up at The Wild Center with Kinsey...



Reading Thomas the Train with Kady...


My sister and I didn't have cousins growing up, so we never had this kind of friendship, and I love watching how the girls and Colden have become friends.

I've spent the last few days looking for some plane tickets for later this summer so we can go out to Reno and visit them. It's been six years since we've been out there, so I think we're overdue for a trip, and I think Colden would have such a great time seeing the horses and the mountains out there.

Cold morning today. Not nearly as cold as it should be, but cold enough that we've had the wood stove going 24/7 for the last week. Some gentle snow falling today, and I'm hoping for more so that we can actually go sledding this winter! We're nearly halfway through January, which means that usually, we'd be planning our maple sugaring work for next month. But since we haven't had much of a freeze this winter, we're worried that we won't get much. Anyone who says that global climate change isn't happening is, in my honest opinion, obviously out of touch with what's going on in the world around them. But that's a whole other rant for another blog...

No comments: