Monday, January 02, 2012

My Word for 2012: Grace

I saw that my beady friend Jill Wiseman doesn't do New Year's resolutions, and I think that's smart. What she does instead, which I think is even smarter, is to pick a word for the year. She chose the word "Joy".

So on New Year's Eve, as I was closing my eyes and getting ready for sleep, I thought about what word I wanted to choose for this coming year. As I relaxed, the word "Grace" immediately popped into my head, so I looked it up to get a clearer definition. This is what I found:

"Grace: noun, \'gras\
1. unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration and sanctification
2. a virtue coming from God
3. a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine Grace"

After reading that very first definition, I knew this was my word for 2012. In 2011, my life changed in many wonderful ways, and I was utterly humbled and grateful for all of it. For 2012, I feel as though I'm ready to start exploring a more spiritual path as an artist, and this is going to be how I do it...

So many more things I want to write about today! But, I don't want to blow them all at once. For starters, I don't want to cram it all in to one blog post. One day at a time...

No comments: