Thursday, October 21, 2010

Focus

It's what I need to do today, and I'm having a hard time doing it. I had absolutely nothing photographed for publishing today, so I stitched frantically this morning and for part of this afternoon, finishing two new Tila bead projects. Colden was an hour late going to Oma and Opa's house because everybody slept late this morning. (Which wasn't really a bad thing because Colden was up pretty much all night last night, and the little sleep that I did get was when I was curled up in bed with him.)

So now it's about 2:30 in the afternoon. The sun has been playing hide and seek all day. (Which has wreaked havoc on my photographs.) The wood stove has the house at a comfy 72 degrees, and I can see the snow flurries coming down outside.

I'm in the middle of resizing and upload photos, writing out materials lists, and trying to get the needle crafts newsletter edited. I'll try to get the blogging done this evening, and maybe get a few tutorials and maybe a few quick articles up this evening, too. But it's going to be another looooooong night...

I also had an idea for a piece I want to make and auction off to help raise money for Andrew Thornton. Andrew is an artist and writer who was recently diagnosed with a life-threatening illness, and since he is without medical insurance, beaders and jewelry artists are banding together to help him cover the costs of his medical bills. I may start it tonight after Colden goes to sleep... The focal point will be this bead that I bought from him back in August as part of my retail therapy binge after the miscarriage...














I'm hoping that I can turn it into something good for someone else.

No comments: