Friday, October 29, 2010

Another Beaded Rope!

I finished another piece, but not so happy with the photographs...














This is another one of Marsha Hedrick's new designs. This dragonfly slide is lightweight, but substantial enough to hold the necklace together. And it works perfectly for the right angle weave rope that I stitched for it - it felt like a soft mesh necklace when I tried it on to check the length.

These slides by Marsha come in other colors - check out Marsha's website for more options.

As with Marsha's other pieces, I was once again truly impressed with the quality of the workmanship. The piece was well-sculpted and lightweight. It hangs perfectly on the beaded rope that I made for it, and it looks fabulous when worn.

I'm working on finishing up the last rope that uses a triangle-shaped slide and cones - maybe this weekend I'll have it done.

As I stitch up each rope, I'm photographing tutorials that will eventually go on the About.com site as part of a big hub about beaded ropes and how to make them.

And, of course, I'll have this one listed in my ArtFire shop soon!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Beautiful!