Friday, August 13, 2010

What? Friday Already?!

I can't believe the week is GONE. Just like that - GONE! Last I remember, it was Tuesday, and I was trying to keep my head above water while keeping Colden amused and get some work done. Next thing I know, I wake up this morning and it's Friday again! I think the nice weather makes the days go by faster, too... Just sayin'.

Anyway, my farmers' market weekend last weekend was great. On Saturday, I set up at the annual Jay Day festivities down the road from my house. Like, literally thirty seconds by car down the hill from where I live. I didn't really expect to make any sales, and I didn't, but it was still a nice day to sit outside and bead. I got to hang out a little with my friends who live in Jay, saw Colden's friends from playgroup (and their Mommies!), and got to hang out with my friend Heather, who also makes jewelry, and who was also set up on the Green with us.

Sunday morning, I headed over to Keene Valley for the Keene Valley farmers' market. The weather was beautiful, and I felt very optimistic about setting up without my fused glass inventory. And I was right to feel that way - I sold a whole bunch of pieces and took deposits for two special orders. It was a wonderful day, and my other vendor friends were all glad to see me back in action. It didn't hurt that it was the 20th anniversary of the Adirondack Farmers Market Cooperative and they were handing out free cake, coffee and tote bags!


















This is my new display, using risers that are actually wall shelves that I found at Bed, Bath & Beyond. They work perfectly for displaying the smaller necklace busts that I have, and they stayed up nicely in the wild wind that sweeps across Marcy Field where the market is set up.

Oh, and I should also mention that two of my sales were to repeat customers who come to the area every summer for vacation and who come to the farmers' market to look for me! Wild, huh?

I have other things to write about last weekend, but they'll have to wait. I'm feeling absolutely exhausted tonight, and even though I wanted to at least give a brief update on the blog here, I really think I need to go home and get some rest. It's been a crazy week of trying to balance Colden, work and housework, and I need to just go chill out with my boys for a little while.

More farmers' market goodness this weekend - I can't wait!

No comments: