Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Designing New Displays...Again.

Every year since I started selling my work at farmers' markets, art shows and craft shows, I've been looking for new ways to display my work. And since this year I'm focusing on the high(er) end embroidered pieces that I do, I've decided that I need to change them yet again.

I loved the displays I had last year, but I always felt like my tables looked like a garage sale. The colors were all mismatched. And I didn't have any consistency between the types of displays, either, except that most of them were black.

So, this year, I went out and bought a couple of new tablecloths - the ones I've been using for three years have been officially retired to in-home use only! - and then last night, we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to buy a set of wall shelves that I am going to use as risers and display cubes. I also decided that I need more necklace busts - I've only got about a dozen of them, but they'll do for now.

I want to try to do a mock up later today or tomorrow to see how it's all going to fit together, so I'll get some pictures then.

Cramping came back with a vengeance last night, and I was exhausted already from not sleeping well the night before. I think I was also just totally discouraged and upset that the cramping is not over yet - I had been thinking that my body had emptied everything out already and that I could get on with it. But no, my body (and my hormones) had other plans for me last night. So I laid in bed and watched "Ratatouille" (which I need to return to the library today) and tried to sleep. Still crampy this morning - we'll see what happens.

No comments: