Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Am I Myself Again? Please?

So, thanks to precipitously dropping hormone levels, I've been feeling almost like myself again since yesterday. My doctor appointment on Monday was uneventful - she said that she thought the drugs did their thing, and that I could go on my way. I still need to go get one more blood test, which I'll do on Friday while I'm running errands in Plattsburgh.

Today, I'm going to see the acupuncturist in Lake Placid to see if she can help me. I don't know why I didn't think of it until someone on Facebook mentioned it to me - I was like, d-oh! I should have called her first! I spoke to her yesterday when I made the appointment, and she has a treatment plan for me already and she has a tonic that will help me, too. After those horrific side effects from the methergine, I am really looking forward to this session of acupuncture.

On a lighter note, my friend Carol Dean Sharpe of Sand Fibers has had her 1,500th sale on Etsy! It's not that amazing when you check out her Etsy shop - her peyote stitch patterns are totally addicting. Any time I need a little "fix", I buy some of her patterns and raid my stash of Delicas to whip up a few new cuffs for myself.

Carol is having a giveaway on her blog - all you have to do is leave a comment and you're entered to win the gorgeous lariat that she has posted on the blog! Earlier this year, Carol and I did a trade for a couple of our beadwoven and bead embroidered necklaces - and her work is absolutely incredible. The piece I traded for with her is one of my all-time favorite pieces of jewelry, and I get so many compliments on it! Yes, I'll post some pictures of it here as soon as I find them - it's an amazing piece.

I don't want to jinx myself, but I think this Sunday is going to be my first farmers' market of the season. Since I'm feeling back to myself, and since we really need the income, I'll be setting up at the Keene Valley farmers' market this Sunday from 9:30 until 2. I'll have my line of bead embroidered necklaces, pendants and cuff bracelets available, along with a couple of special close-outs from my other lines of jewelry that I was selling in years past. And every purchase made will get a free piece of dichroic glass jewelry! (Same goes if you make a purchase in my Etsy shop - buy anything and get a free piece of dichroic glass jewelry from my remaining stock!)

Tomorrow I teach a class in African beadweaving for a group of kids at the JEMS theater in Jay, right down the road from my house! I'm very excited - I missed teaching last week because of all the nonsense going on with my uterus, but I'll be teaching the next two Thursdays. This Thursday is African beadweaving and next week is basic jewelry making. I'm very excited - I love working with kids and I love teaching, so this should be great. I just have a ton of things to pull together before tomorrow afternoon, so off I go!

No comments: