Monday, May 31, 2010

Triple Treat

Last week was incredibly productive for me. I don't know what I did right, but I got a ton of beading done!















I call this trio my "Triple Treat" - three designs, all using the same basic pattern. The green necklace I finished a couple of weeks ago, inspired by that awesome pendant by Lisa Peters Art. I decided to make a version of the necklace without a focal pendant that works great as just a nice, flat neckpiece with lots and lots of sparkle.

And then I decided to make a more cost-effective version using Czech fire-polished beads. The bracelet came out a little longer than I wanted it to be, so I'm still tweaking the sizes of beads to get it to come out the right length, but it stitched up super-quick in just over an hour.

So now I can move on to my next set of projects! I've got an incredible design all sketched out for a netted Renaissance Collar using tiny 3mm Swarovski bicones and top-drilled round pearls - it wouldn't look out of place on a queen. And then I had this strange idea for a wagon-wheel pendant with glass flowers and bamboo tubes. Sounds strange, but I think it might work up to be pretty cool in a Mae West kinda way.

This coming week is going to be nuts. I've got to finish uploading all the videos I shot for About.com and send off all the scripts, and try to get all these patterns I've been designing uploaded. I should have done more today, but I just couldn't get my act together, and the exhaustion today is just totally overwhelming. I haven't been able to get to Starbucks, my "office", since I found out I was pregnant last week, but I think I'm going to set aside two nights this week to get over there.

No comments: