Thursday, April 02, 2009

Now's a good a time as any...

To finally update this blog!

So, let's see. We had Christmas, I got sick, Tom threw his back out, and then we had Colden's first birthday. After his birthday, Colden got sick what seemed like every week for two months. First he had a stomach flu; then a cold; then an upper respiratory bug that turned into the croup; then pneumonia! But we all seem healthy now, and things are starting to get back on track.

The first thing I want to put on here is my schedule for 2009. Keep in mind, this is subject to change as I get more information about dates and times. But for now, here's what I have scheduled:

May 2009:

Adirondack Farmers' Market, Elizabethtown, N.Y. (Behind the Adirondack History Center on Route 9)
Friday, May 15
Friday, May 22
Friday, May 29
Hours at the market are 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lots of great vegetables, baked goods, and of course, handmade jewelry!

June 2009:
Adirondack Farmers' Market, Elizabethtown, N.Y.
Friday, June 12
Friday, June 19
Friday, June 26
Hours at the market are 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

Adirondack Farmers' Market, Keene, N.Y. (at Marcy Field on Route 73)
Sunday, June 21
Sunday, June 28
Hours at the market are 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Lower Adirondack Regional Arts Council, Glens Falls City Park, Downtown Glens Falls
Saturday and Sunday, June 13 & 14
Hours of the Art Fair are 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. both days

More shows for July, August and September will be listed soon as I finalize details!

I've been working on a few new projects, and experimenting to figure out the best way for me to work at home. It's been a challenge. You may remember some of my previous posts where I put up some pictures of my "office" in the dining room and living room. Well, we finally got it all cleaned up and straightened up, and I moved my four big cabinets of beads back upstairs and into Colden's room (temporarily).
Hey, I never said it was neat. But I can get to everything when I need it instead of having to plan my trips downstairs and finding ways to amuse Colden while I look for beads!

I've actually found a great way to buy myself a few minutes when I need to look for beads. I have a few big drawers on the bottom of the cabinets that are filled with beads in tiny little bags and tubes with locking tops, so I pull out a drawer and I let Colden dig through it. He totally loves it! Sometimes he just wants to empty the entire drawer, sometimes he'll sit there and look at each and every bead that he takes out of the drawer. It's the cutest thing. He has a special fondness for the little bag of Swarovski rivolis. I'm going to have to order more to make sure I always have a little bag in there for him to discover!

More updates to the blog are coming this weekend. Really! I promise! I have a featured seller from Etsy, and I have some photos of new work that is for sale in my Etsy shop, and I have a few more thoughts I want to share with the world. (Or at least with the folks who read my blog!)

No comments: