Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Well, I can see I've got to get better about posting on this blog!

Ha! But it's been a busy week or two since I started this blog. I've had to get the museum ready for painting and to be winterized, line up a few jobs for the winter, and finish my instructions for Beadwork. And in between all that, I've been stitching up new ideas like mad! I love the creative energy that I feel lately when I sit down to work. Last night, we watched "Fight Club" while I tried to teach myself some new wire crochet techniques. Eventually, I gave up and just kept working on the cabs for the necklace. I may re-think that whole design until I get the wire crochet thing down better. In the meantime, there's always good old tubular Ndebele or peyote stitch with a wire through it, right?

Here is the photo of the second piece that Interweave is holding for consideration. I hope they publish it!



So, there's the jewelry part of the blog.

The life part is a little more (less?) interesting. Jill at the Adirondack Scenic Railroad suckered me into saying I would be the face-painter at their Halloween Train last Friday night. I was all set with my Harry Potter costume and everything, but by the time I was ready to head back into Lake Placid, the weather had just turned nasty. I got as far as Whiteface Mountain before I realized that between the snow, sleet and freezing rain, I was driving on ice-covered roads, and I was not anxious to make my way through Wilmington Notch on bald tires. I called Tom and told him I was turning around and coming home. "Good," he said. Instead, I spent the evening with him watching "Yellowbeard" and "Mars Attacks!" and re-organizing my jewelry studio with my brandy-new plastic cabinets! (Petroleum-based products that will last for the next 1,000 years in a landfill, I know, but they were cheap and convenient. >SIGH<)

More pics to come with new pieces!

7 comments:

Alex Warn said...

You need to eat properly to change the levels of fat on your body, and then the diet will help with the rest. Slim X Genie Keto

James said...

Results vary from individual to individual, and you may not be able to lose as many pounds of excess fat that your neighbor (who recommended the same) might have experienced. SF180 Keto

Alex Warn said...

There are many weight loss strategies for losing weight, but main is to adopt good eating habits and understand your daily diet. Super Cut Keto

Alex Warn said...

Organic Colloidal Minerals, or Edible Earth can provide what you need. Both contain easily absorbed plant-derived multi-minerals; ultra fine particles, around 1/600th the size of a red blood cell. Super Cut Keto Reviews

Alex Warn said...

Also make sure to consult your family physician before you begin any quick weight loss diet program. Primo Boost Keto

Alex Warn said...

Healthy standards of living always prevent an individual to suffer from excessive weight gain and obesity. Enhanced Keto

Alex Warn said...

A product loaded with questionable chemicals will not improve your skin's health but may even worsen the condition. Natura Beaute